How to sell on GeM - Government e-Marketplace
GeM stands for Government e-Marketplace. GeM is an online platform that facilitates the procurement of goods and services by various government departments, organizations, and public sector undertakings. There are some advantages to selling on GeM like access to government departments etc.
Now, I hope you've decided to get yourself registered on GeM as a seller or service provider. But, you have a question in your mind, How to Sell on GeM? Well, this is what we are going to talk about in detail. This guide will include all the aspects of selling on GeM for beginners only. By following this tutorial, you will be able to get your business started on GeM.
How to sell on the GeM Portal?
There are basically 5 steps that we are going to cover in this tutorial in order to sell your products or services on GeM Portal, from registration as a seller to receiving the payment:
- Order fulfillment
Registration on GeM requires some documents according to business or organization type. There are some prerequisites in order to get yourself registered on GeM like User's Aadhaar Number, Virtual ID, or Personal PAN, Mobile number linked with Aadhaar/Mobile number in case of PAN etc.
Seller Account Creation
To create a GeM seller account, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to gem.gov.in
- Click on Signup and then select Seller/Service Provider
- Select your business type and proceed
- Read and accept the GeM terms and conditions and proceed 5. Enter the relevant information about your business
- Verify yourself by using AADHAAR or PAN
- Create your User ID and Password
Profile completion is mandatory in order to start working on GeM.
There are some documents and details which have to be provided by you to complete your seller profile.
You can see all the details of your profile by going to the My Profile section on GeM. GeM has divided the profile section into the following parts
- Business Profile
- My Action
- Vendor Assessment
- Seller Panel
- Account Setting
- User Management
Once your profile is completed, you can add your products or services by following the mentioned steps:
- Log in to your GeM seller account and click on the catalog option
- You will see two options, one is for Products and another one is for Services
- Click on the relevant option and then Add New Offering
- Search for the right category
- Enter your technical specification
- Upload the supporting documents
- Submit the catalog for approval
You will start receiving email and SMS notifications about new bid publications related to your product or service category.
You can also search for bids directly using the GeM website.
You can download the bid document by clicking on the relevant bid number.
Analyze the bid requirement like, technical specification, quantity required, consignee details etc.
You can see the list of required documents from a seller in the bid document (mostly on the first or second page).
Read the additional terms and conditions of the bid and prepare the documents accordingly.
- Log in to your GeM Seller Account
- Click on the participate button
- Select your product/service
- Upload the required documents
- Enter your financial details
- Verify your bid submission
Once you receive the order, either through Direct Purchase or Bid/RA, you have to fulfill your order within the stipulated time frame and generate an invoice on the GeM Portal.
Once your goods are delivered, you can update the delivery status too for that particular order on the GeM Portal.
Usually, you will receive payment within 15–20 days after dispatching the goods. But sometimes it takes more than usual. In that case, you can contact the buyer and ask them to initiate payment against the GeM Contract.
You can also raise an incident if the buyer does not respond to your query.
Elevate Your GeM Experience with Our Services
- Expert Guidance: Benefit from our team of experts who bring in-depth knowledge of GeM policies, bid requirements, and market trends to guide you effectively.
- Time Efficiency: Save valuable time with our streamlined processes, allowing you to focus on your core business while we handle the intricacies of bid notifications and participation
- Comprehensive Support: From bid analysis to document preparation and participation, our services cover the entire spectrum of GeM engagement, providing you with end-to-end support